Vegetarian Rice Bowl With Chickpeas
When you are looking for a fast and comfort food for a weeknight, opt for the vegetarian rice bowl. The combination of veggies with chickpeas makes this rice bowl tasty. The most important thing is you can easily customize the vegetables as per your choice.
You can always use some leafy greens as they are suitable for health, and it is a delicious way to feed the greens to your kids. Spinach, kale, Swiss chard, and arugula are an idea to add in this recipe. We have added a sweet tahini dressing to give it the extra kick of flavors!
Recipe Of Vegetarian Rice Bowl
If you are looking for a dish, prepare this rice with veggies. It is free of any dairy products, eggs, and gluten. No added sugar is there. If you follow a vegan diet, it is also ideal for you.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
Serving – 4
Ingredients For Vegetarian Rice
- Cauliflower – 1, cut into small florets
- Broccoli – 1, cut into medium florets
- Carrots – 3, medium and coined pieces
- Brown rice – 1 cup
- Chickpeas – 2 cups, cooked
- Sesame seeds – 2 tbsp
- Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tsp
- Salt and black pepper powder – as per taste
For Tahini Dressing
- Tahini – ¼ cup
- Balsamic vinegar – 3 tbsp
- Maple syrup – 2 tbsp
- Garlic – 1clove, minced
- Nutritional yeast – 3 tbsp
- Water – ¼ cup
- Salt and black pepper – as per taste
How To Make
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook the brown rice following the instructions written on its packet.
- Take a baking sheet and add the cauliflower and broccoli florets evenly on it. In another baking sheet, spread the coined carrots along with chickpeas. Now drizzle some olive oil over both the baking sheets. Toss them so that the ingredients of both the sheets become well coated with the oil.
- Add some salt and pepper in both and mix again.
- Now insert both the sheet within the oven for roasting for about 25 minutes. Do not forget to shake each sheet after 10 minutes interval.
- Keep in mind that the sheet with florets of broccoli and cauliflower takes about half an hour while the chickpeas and carrots will take about 20 minutes to cook properly. So monitoring them is mandatory. Do not forget that all the ovens are different. Thus, monitor the cooking process to avoid overcooking them.
- When done, take the sheets out of the oven and keep aside.
Making the Dressing
While the veggies and chickpeas are roasting, you prepare the dressing. For it, take a bowl and add the tahini along with maple syrup and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Pour the water and mix them well. Now season it with salt, black pepper, and minced garlic and nutritional yeast. Mix again till the mixture is smooth.
Take four separate bowls and add the cooked rice in each followed by roasted broccoli, cauliflowers, carrots, and chickpeas. Drizzle the dressing in each bowl and garnish with sesame seeds and serve.