Vegan Mediterranean Vegetable Salad With Prunes
Mediterranean diet preparations are healthy and nutritious. These preparations will not only help you in eating healthy but will also make you feel good. The Vegan Mediterranean diet is considered a refreshingly balanced method of having your daily food. It also highlights the excellent taste and feels like having a rainbow. It is one meal idea you can depend on when it comes to having a high-fiber diet.
Major Inclusions Of A Vegan Mediterranean Vegetable Salad
Some essential ingredients included in a vegan Mediterranean vegetable salad recipe are vegetables and also fruits. These include arugula, garlic, prune juice, prunes, red onion, and also beets. Prune is probably the super-ingredient of this salad recipe. Each serving of this salad offers five prunes that help in preventing bone loss. Prunes are also a good source of essential fiber, which is necessary for microbiome health. The microbiome is the part of the human body made of beneficial bacteria.
Prunes also offer several minerals and vitamins like riboflavin, potassium, niacin, vitamin B6 and copper. These help in keeping the bone and also digestive health in perfect condition. Beets, red onions, arugulas, and garlic have also been included to serve the Mediterranean diet objective of providing a rainbow of minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants.
Almonds and olive oil included in this recipe offer healthy fats that keep an individual fuller for a long time. They also prove to be advantageous for heart health. Soybeans and legumes included in this salad are rich sources of plant-based proteins.
Whole Grains And Spices And Herbs
If you are in the lookout of a hearty meal, you can serve this vegan salad with whole grains like couscous, quinoa, brown rice, and barley. These provide advantageous fiber and other significant nutrients.
Spices and herbs like black pepper, mint, parsley, and balsamic vinegar have also been used for seasoning the salad naturally. They make the salad more delicious.
Ingredients Needed For Vegan Mediterranean Salad
- Garlic cloves: 2
- Balsamic vinegar: 2 tbsps
- Prune juice: ½ cup
- Olive oil: One tablespoon
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Arugula: 3 cups
- Fresh mint: 2 tsp
- Italian parsley: Two tbsps
- Prunes: 10
- Beet: 1
- Almonds: 2 tbsps
- Red onions: 2 tablespoons
- Mix prune juice and garlic in a small pan. Cook the ingredients on medium heat for some time.
- Keep stirring the ingredients occasionally. Wait for the mix to start reducing. Keep frequently stirring until the mixture is semi-reduced. This will take around seven to eight minutes.
- Transfer the blend in a small container and mix with olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk the entire thing and keep aside.
- Now take a medium-size container and toss parsley, mint, and also arugula.
- Keep the salad on the serving plate along with green mix.
- Garnish it with edamame, beets, almonds, red onions, and also prunes.
Your vegan Mediterranean salad is ready to be savored!
Speaking of the Mediterranean balanced diet, it is an eating schedule instead of a structured eating plan. It offers individuals the freedom to come up with their very own recipes. It is connected to weight loss and also can even be followed by people suffering from high levels of cholesterol.