Are you in the lookout of a delicious and easy cheese appetizer formula? You can always have your hands on this brie appetizer with prune jam. The guests visiting you on special occasions will simply love the preparation. You can serve this dish for get-together and snack-times and even on top of dinner and lunch salads. For the ones who have always been looking for fancy appetizers that can be whipped up in a few minutes, this brie appetizer is a perfect idea. This classy snack speaks of great flavors!
Impressive And Tasty Cheese Appetizer With Prune Jam
Summer is all about entertainment and fun. People love to have guests coming in. However, having guests home means you need to serve them delicious and healthy food, right? You need to impress your visitors through your hosting skills. But what if you do not like spending a lot of time cooking food for such gatherings? Nothing to worry about when you have this easy sweet cheese appetizer recipe with you.
This jam and cheese combo recipe will take your heart away. Since many jam varieties available in the market contain a lot of sugar, the recipe below has a healthier version in the form of prune jam. The jam is of prune juice that helps in preventing bone loss. The prune jam lowers an individual’s chances of osteoporosis. Since prune juice is rich in its content of fiber, it helps in maintaining healthy digestion. You can efficiently serve this appetizer with pears or sliced apples. You can even serve it with mini toasts.
Ingredients And Tools Needed For Making Cheese Appetizer With Prune Jam
You will need dip bowls and a medium-size non-stick pan. A cheese knife set and a few spreaders made of stainless steel.
Essential ingredients needed for the appetizer include:
- Yellow onion: 1 large size
- Low sodium vegetable broth: ½ cup
- Prunes: 1 cup
- Prune juice: 1 cup
- Brie: 8 ounces
- Granulated sugar: 2 tbsp
The steps you need to follow for this recipe are as follows:
- Take a medium-size pan and cook onions in low sodium vegetable broth. Cook the onions on medium heat until they turn translucent. Make sure that the liquid of the onions is fully dissolved. Keep occasionally stirring for about five to six minutes.
- When you find that the onions are thoroughly cooked, add sugar, prunes, and prune juices to the same pan.
- Next, cook all the ingredients on medium heat while occasionally stirring for four to six minutes.
- Keep frequently stirring as the liquid starts absorbing. Wait for the liquid to get absorbed completely.
- Allow the prune jam to cool and use it in the form of topping for the brie.
- Serve this appetizer with mini toasts, apples, and jam.
This cheese appetizer with prune jam is one recipe that you should try for parties and get-togethers. It will give you the right impression in front of guests who keep visiting you from time to time. It is both healthy and delicious.