Outstanding Cake Recipes
For graduation, birthday and other special events you will find cake recipes that easy to make as they are lovely. If you want to serve a cake that is out of the ordinary here are some outstanding cake recipes for you to try.
1. Blueberry-Lemon Ricotta Pound Cakes
This cake is not just delicious- its only requires one bowl to bake.
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 3 pcs of large eggs
- ¾ cup of part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons of lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice plus 1 tsp., divided
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1½ cups of white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of confectioners’ sugar packed
- Preheat the oven into 350°F. Coat a 9×5 inches loaf pan with food spray and line a bottom using parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar in the large bowl with
electricmixer with medium-high speed until become creamy. Beat the egg, until it will become fully incorporated. Lessen the mixer speeds to medium and beat it in ricotta, lemon zest, and two tbsp. of vanilla and lemon juice until combined. Sprinkle the flour on the top, then equally sprinkle the salt and baking powder in the flour. Add the blueberries and gradually fold into a batter. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake the cake till it will become brown around a tester and the edges put in the middle comes out sparkling, about 1 hr. Let it cool in pan on the wire rack for twenty minutes. Use the knife around the edges to loosen the baked cake, then place it on the rack. Let cool completely.
- Wash the bowl, add confectioners’ sugar and then beat in a remaining 1
tsp. lemon juice till it will become smooth. Brush the coat on a cake.
- Seal the cooled cake with plastic wrap and glaze before serving.
Per serving: 303 calories; 11 grams fat(6 g sat), 3 grams fiber, 45 grams carbohydrates, 8 grams protein, 15 mcg folate, 96 milligram cholesterol, 25 grams sugars, 21 grams added sugars, 7 milligrams vitamin C, 148 milligrams calcium, 4 milligrams iron, 319 milligrams sodium, 124 milligrams potassium
2. Strawberry Lemonade Cupcake
Lemons and strawberries make for citrusy and sweet treat in this cupcake recipe with cream cheese topping.
- ¾ cup of white whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ⅔ cup of white sugar
- ½ cup of coconut oil or butter
- 2 large of eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, divided
- 4 teaspoons of lemon zest, divided
- ½ cup of nonfat milk
- ¾ cup of chopped strawberries
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- ⅓ cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 3- 6 drops of red food coloring (optional)
- 12 small of lemon slices and mint leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 (½-cup) of muffin cup with paper liner.
- Whisk the whole-wheat flour, baking powder, salt, and all-purpose flour in the medium bowl.
- Beat the coconut oil (or butter) and the granulated sugar in large bowl with an electric mixers on the medium speed till become creamy. Add eggs, 2 tsp. vanilla and lemon zest; beat until it will combine. With a mixer, alternately blend in a milk and dry ingredients, beginning and ending with gasping ingredients and rasping the side of bowl as necessary, until combined. Fold in the strawberries. Distribute the batter with the ready cups.
- Bake cupcakes until the toothpick will be inserted in the middle, 18- 25 minutes.
- Temporarily, combine the cream cheese, lemon juice, confectioners’ sugar, the remaining 2 tsp. lemon zest and a food coloring, if using, in mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer till smooth. Refrigerate until become cold, around 1 hour.
- Frost each of cupcake with generous tbsp. of cream cheese icing with a lemon slice and mint leaf, if desired.
Per 1 cup serving: 247 calories; 14 grams fat(11 g sat); 1 grams fiber; 26 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams protein; 25 mcg of folate; 45 milligrams cholesterol; 16 grams sugars; 13 grams added sugars; 226 IU of vitamin A; 7 milligrams vitamin C; 77 milligrams calcium; 2 milligrams iron; 189 milligrams sodium; 90 milligrams potassium