Learn More About A Sugar-Free Diet
Limiting ourselves to sugary foods will not only help us to lose weight but also reduce the risk of diseases such as diabetes and digestive problems. In recent days, dietary supplements are a trend as a helper for weight loss but most of them are not effective. That is why the doctor recommended trying the sugar-free diet.
What is Sugar-Free Diet?
Sugar-free diet or no-sugar diet is a plan on limiting ourselves to all the sources of added sugar. Sodas, sweet dessert, chips, chocolates and many more are examples of products that contain a hidden sugar inside. We also have limits to some fruits and grains high in carbohydrates that contain natural sugars. The sugar-free diet plan is a variety of plans depending on your own goals. The goals to cut the sugar to lose weight or just eliminate sugar, either way eating no sugar food will benefit you and your body.
Food You Must Eat
You must be observant. Before buying food you must first consider to check and read labels. This will help you to identify the content of the food. There are more or less 60 different names for sugar, this is used as a strategy to hide sugar food content. Also, avoid eating food which has a carbohydrate content, these foods dissolve and broken down into sugar inside your body.
You need to focus to eat 100 percent whole food. Choose foods that are rich in vitamins, protein, calcium, potassium, and fiber. Focus eating whole food like:
- Whole grains
- Lean meat or tofu
- Nuts and seeds
- Unprocessed Food
Making your own food is way better rather than buying processed foods or eating in fast food chains, this is surely sugar-free and no preservatives.
Sugar-Free Diet Plan Tips
- Never forget to check ingredient labels in all food especially in buying or using condiments, canned goods, beverage, and sauces.
- Aim about 35 to 40 grams of fiber a day. Fiber helps to burn fats and lose weight.
- Consume the 8 glasses of water a day. This will help to normalized your digestive system and eliminate sugar in your body.
- If you need sugar or sweet to add taste on foods better-used honey, dates or pureed fruit like banana or apple.
- Avoid drinking too much caffeine or alcoholic drink. These drinks contain sugar and calories.
- Cook food at home rather than eating in restaurants or fast foods.
- Make an exercise routine.
A Benefit of Sugar-Free Diet
Besides losing weight and preventing obesity, sugar-free diet will benefit you in many ways. Here are some benefits that you can get in trying a sugar-free diet:
- Gain energy and stable moods
- Low risk of diabetes
- Reduce the risk of inflammatory digestion
- Less risk of cancer
- Protect your fatty liver from diseases
- Improve metabolism function
These tips are just a recommendation for you to start a healthy life, but this plan will never be effective if you don’t focus. Changing your diet is hard it takes within three to five weeks for your body to get used to it but you need to work it out and work harder. Never forget, focus to eat what is right today and gain a result in the future.