Healthy Low Calorie Desserts: 2 Recipes
When it comes to choosing healthy low-calorie desserts, many are there. However, I have come up with two recipes today. Both of them have healthy ingredients, and the calorie count is less too. Another important thing is you can make both of these desserts within one hour.
So, let us start with the first recipe, which is baked peach.
Healthy Low-Calorie Desserts – Baked Peaches With Vanilla Ice Cream
Baked peaches accompanied with vanilla ice cream are utterly delicious. It is one of the perfect desserts that you can make and serve in the summer.
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 45 minutes
Serving – 6
- Peaches – 3, medium size
- Brown sugar – 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder – ¼ tsp
- Nutmeg powder – a pinch
- Butter – 3 tbsp
- Vanilla ice cream – for topping
How To Make
- Cut the peaches in halves and remove the seeds. Preheat the oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Take a baking dish and place the peaches on it. Keep the cut side up.
- Now in a bowl mix the cinnamon and nutmeg powder along with brown sugar. Spread this mixture on each half of peach. Cut the butter in 6 pieces and put each piece in the core of the peach half.
- Insert the baking dish in the oven and let it bake for about 40 minutes. Make sure that the peaches are soft and but they should not lose their shape.
- When done, take them out and place on a serving plate. Top each half of peach with vanilla ice cream and serve.
Now, I am going to tell you about the second recipe, which is vegan donut coated with cinnamon sugar.
Healthy Low-Calorie Desserts – Vegan Donuts
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
Serving – 12
For Making The Donuts
- Flour – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Almond milk – 2/3 cup, unsweetened
- Granulated sugar – ½ cup
- Vegan butter – ¼ cup, melted
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 tsp
- Cooking spray
For Cinnamon Sugar Outside Layer
- Granulated sugar – 1 cup
- Cinnamon powder – 4 tsp
- Kosher salt – a pinch
How To Make Healthy Low-Calorie Desserts
- Start by preheating the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take a large bowl and add the flour along with baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Mix them properly. Spray a donut pan with the cooking spray.
- Take a medium bowl and pour the almond milk. Now add sugar, butter, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar one by one and mix with the almond milk thoroughly. Add the flour mixture and gently mix them so that the mixture becomes smooth.
- Pour the mixture in the piping bag and tip in the donut pan by pressing the piping bag.
- Insert the pan in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes. When the donut edges become golden, take the pan out and let the donuts cool a bit.
- Mix the cinnamon powder with sugar and kosher salt in a bowl. Dip the donuts in this mixture and coat each of them with the mixture generously. Now place the sugar-coated donuts on the serving plate.