There are many cakes, goodies, cookies and other desserts you can make for Christmas. Here is a delicious and healthy Christmas dessert that can easily become your signature staple. Here is the recipe.
Chocolate Baked Bun Recipe
Did you always long for the delicious chocolate steamed buns your grannie used to make for Christmas? Here is an easy recipe that will make you nostalgic of your childhood days and will become your signature staple dessert for Christmas.
- 390 gm water
- 100 gm sugar
- 30 gm fresh yeast
- 730 gm flour
- 30 gm Dark Cocoa Powder
- 10 gm baking powder
- 5 gm salt
- Combine the water, sugar, and yeast in a bowl.
- Take a separate pan and combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a bread-like dough and let it rest in a box at around 40 degrees Celsius for half an hour.
- Cover this dough with wet cloth.
- Now make small balls of the dough and fold in the chocolate-coconut filling.
- Keep the dough to rest for 30 minutes.
- In the end, bake the buns for 5 minutes to get you chocolate baked buns.
There are some alterations to this recipe. Many people put a cooking chocolate piece in the centre of the dough while steaming that melts can come out like lava when you bite into it. Some people add different kinds of praline, nuts or caramel fillings inside. The cocoa powder deliver a chocolaty flavor to the fresh and hot buns. Steaming a bun is different than baking it as you get a different taste altogether. Steamed buns often taste fresher and moister than the baked ones.
Healthy Christmas Desserts
- Dark Chocolate Bar
You can make your own healthy dark chocolate desserts at home. All you need to do is to melt some dark chocolate and spread it on parchment paper. Sprinkle generous dozes of nuts, chia or flax seeds or tart cherries. Dark chocolate has less sugar than milk chocolate and when garnished with nuts and seeds, these become very healthy and tasty.
- Berries with Ricotta Cheese
When you blend in a cup of berries with some low-fat ricotta cheese, you get a creamy and sweet ice-cream like texture that is low in calories. This tastes divine when served chilled.
- Traditional Apple Puff Pastry
Bake an apple in the oven by cutting it into two halves. Next, add some Greek yogurt, a pinch of cinnamon and graham crackers on top. This healthy dessert satisfies your craving for something sweet, crunchy and creamy.
- Berry Brulee with Greek Yogurt
Take fresh berries with a dollop of Greek yogurt in a bowl. Sprinkle some sugar and you can even use a cooking torch to caramelize the sugar on top. This dessert is packed with proteins, vitamin C and calcium. It tastes extremely good too.
You can try these healthy Christmas desserts as well.