Better Healthy Eating Habits
All of us have a great contribution that gives a big impact on our food system that has on our planet. We could all submit to make our world a healthier and productive place to live in. Here are ou better healthy eating habits:
Here are tips for healthy eating habits.
1. More fruits and veggies
Vegetables and fruits are very nice for our health. There are a lot of exceptions required to keep it fresh. Here are the examples:
- Both vegetables and fruits are fragile that requires to place in the refrigerator (berries and salad)
- Some vegetables that are fattened on the protected conditions like cucumbers and hot-house tomatoes.
- Foods that hold a different kind of resources in every transport. For example, berries that are imported from the southern hemisphere, mange-touts, and green beans.
2. Eat locally, when in season
There are locally-grown snacks that are a sustainable choice, hence, only if we want to choose for those in a season where we are living. The cost of energy in storing or producing local foods behind their natural enlargement seasons it could be bigger than the shipping foods which are in the season.
3. Less animal-based, more plant-based
Eating more of plant-based have health benefits. These plant-based foods give a lot of fiber, and low content of saturated fat, in which these two could help to lessen the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Unlike the animal-based proteins like beef, it requires a lot of resources that are needed to produce, compered in plant-based proteins like grains, pulses, and beans.
- For those meat-lovers, restrict meat consumption up to once or twice a week; consider having meat-free days and picking for more dependable meats such as chicken instead of beef that can support us to lessen the ecological footprint.
- Combining the different root of plant-based protein helps you to assure that the protein needs where met, for those who picked a vegetarian diet.
4. Choose whole grain
The non-refined cereal generally provides a less intensive resource to produce rather than the refined ones like it requires a few steps. They are good for our health, which helps us to reduce our risk of cardiovascular disease, overweight, and type 2 diabetes.
- Quinoa, buckwheat, unrefined barley, whole grain pasta, and whole grain bread are the ultimate choices.
- The brown rice is a very essential substitute for brown rice, but always in moderation, a lot of water will be needed in every production.
5. Opt for sustainably sourced fish
Fish in one of the best source of the healthy omega-3 fatty acids that contributes to normal vision, heart health, and brain function. Thus, overfishing can cause wild fish stocks that become depleted. For you to get the necessary nutrients and benefit reduce the pressure on the wild fish stock.
- Consume seafood and fish once or twice weekly in order to provide you the essential nutrients and lessen the pressure on the wild fish stocks.
- Choose seafood and fish marked that are sustainable from the certified organizations like the Marine Stewardship Council.
6. Dairy in moderation
Dairy and milk productions have a great environmental impact, the dairy products are a very essential source of calcium, protein and amino acids, and it helps to lessen the risk of type 2 diabetes, bowel cancer, stroke, high blood pressure, metabolic syndrome, and several chronic diseases.
- Limit consumption on high-fat cheeses.
- Enjoy the low-fat unsweetened dairy products on a regular basis but always on moderation.
- The opt for the plant-based drinks which are rich in minerals and vitamins, like calcium.
7. Drink tap water
In Europe, the quality standard for water safety is very high. Aside from buying bottled water, you can refill the reusable plastic bottles as many as you want. The tap water can cost a half rather than the bottled water and helps to reduce ecological footprint.